Announcing the Tyler Damon / Darin Gray “For Four” fall tour 2015! We will be touring in support of our second full-length release “For Four” on my own Yoke imprint:
I am also very pleased to say that we will be sharing a couple of bills w/ the most-excellent 75 Dollar Bill (Che Chen & Rick Brown) of NYC, Nashville’s William Tyler, Knoxville’s Give Thanks & Will Fist and Louisville’s Keenan Lawler, as well as collaborative sets w/ Cincinnati’s Jon Lorenz and Lexington’s Robert Beatty.
– Sunday, November 15th – Tyler Damon / Darin Gray duo w/ 75 Dollar Bill (NYC) @ The Player’s Pub (424 S. Walnut St.), Bloomington, IN – 8PM – “For Four” release show sponsored by WFHB
– Monday, November 16th – Tyler Damon / Darin Gray / Jon Lorenz trio w/ 75 Dollar Bill (NYC), Pete Fosco @ The Comet (4579 Hamilton Ave.), Cincinnati, OH – 8PM
– Tuesday, November 17th – Tyler Damon / Darin Gray / Robert Beatty trio @ Al’s Beer Garden (601 N. Limestone, behind Al’s Bar), Lexington, KY – 8PM
– Wednesday, November 18th – Tyler Damon / Darin Gray duo w/ Give Thanks & Will Fist @ The Pilot Light (106 E. Jackson Ave.), Knoxville, TN – 8PM
– Thursday, November 19th – Tyler Damon / Darin Gray duo w/ William Tyler @ Portland Brew 12 South (2605 12th Ave. South), Nashville, TN – 8PM
– Friday, November 20th – Tyler Damon / Darin Gray duo w/ Keenan Lawler @ Dreamland (810 E. Market St.), Louisville, KY – 8PM
– Saturday, November 21st – Open Sex duo w/ Jovontaes (Lexington, KY) & Plastic Crimewave Syndicate (Chicago) @ State Street Pub (243 N. State Ave.), Indianapolis, IN – 8PM
I’ll also be back in Chicago this Sunday (10/25) w/ The Mars Williams Quartet. We’re playing two sets at the Owl in Logan Square starting at 9PM. Free admission, donations gladly accepted…
October 21, 2015 [permalink] 75 Dollar Bill, Bloomington, Cincinnati, Darin Gray, For Four, Indianapolis, Jovontaes, Keenan Lawler, Knoxville, Lexington, Louisville, Nashville, Open Sex, Plastic Crimewave Syndicate, Robert Beatty, Thee Open Sex, tour, WFHB, Will Fist, William Tyler, Yoke
I had the great privilege of spending this past week in Asheville, North Carolina playing, recording and generally sharing good times with the always incredible Tashi Dorji. I cannot overstate the level of spiritual satisfaction I experienced on this trip. Tashi and I have only known each other a short while but it often feels like we’re old friends, both personally and musically. I will be patient but I must admit I’m very excited to (eventually) share these recordings with the listening public!
I am pleased to extend an enormous thank you to Tashi, Patrick Kukucka (recording engineer extraordinaire – check out Hi Z lo z), Meredith, Effie, Mille and little Jetsun, Rae, Thom Nguyen, Jamie Hepler, Ross from Villages and the great people of Asheville for their kindness, support and accommodation…and excellent food. A positive, healthy head space is vastly important to me, especially while traveling and trying to tap into creative potential (finding the “magic”), and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Thank you!
Good times at Black Mountain.
Live shot from the Lazy Diamond in Asheville. Photo by Thom Nguyen.
Notes on a napkin from an audience member regarding my solo set in Asheville. Putting “knee healer” on my resume.
MANAS (Tashi & Thom) has a new double cassette out on New Body Tapes, as well as a forthcoming LP on Feeding Tube and another tape on Körper / Lieb. Do yourself a favor and check out what they’re doing. Free rock of a very high order…
Open Sex duo photo at the Back Door in Bloomington by Craig Bell.
Additionally, I had the pleasure of playing with John Dawson as Open Sex at Mutant Fest II yesterday in Bloomington. Unfortunately I didn’t get to attend most of the day but I was stoked to catch killer sets from Timmy’s Organism and The Gizmos. Thanks to Meagz and Alex for having us along…what a week…!
Here’s a live clip from the show (also by Craig Bell):
I’ve added a few new shows to the LIVE page including a duo gig w/ Keith Jost on Friday, July 24th opening for Chicago’s Tim Daisy and NYC’s Daniel Levin. Also of note, I will be returning to Chicago on Sunday, October 25th to reconvene with Mars Williams, Peter Maunu and Kent Kessler as The Mars Williams Quartet. Our recordings from our debut performance at Experimental Sound Studio will be streaming imminently…
Lastly, Lech and Open Sex both have cassette releases on the horizon. Keep an ear to the ground for ’em…
Here’s a clip of Tashi and I filmed by Tom Burris at The Spot Tavern in Lafayette, IN:
Upcoming live dates in April and May: