Mette Rasmussen Quintet, Mainz, DE, November 2018. Photo by Frank Schindelbeck.
I’m catching up after some much needed Winter hibernation…after 111 shows in 83 cities last year I’ve taken this time to get settled in my chosen home of Chicago. I’ve been enjoying playing in a wide range of improvising ensembles here in the city, working on recordings and laying the groundwork for the rest of the year. Thanks to everyone who had any role whatsoever in helping me transition here and on the road.
Since my last transmission a couple of cassette releases have arrived: Eddie Flowers & the Wax-Lip-Swamp-Dub on Long Gone Sound System (LP forthcoming on Feeding Tube) & the cassette version of Thee Open Sex’s full-length from last year, White Horses (LP on Sophomore Lounge). See my DISCOGRAPHY page for more info or check ‘me out on Bandcamp. Much more on the horizon that I’m tremendously excited about but I can’t say much about those releases just yet…
Dorji (not pictured) / Damon / Lopez at Magnolia Records, Knoxville, TN, March 2019. Photo by Julia Dratel.
UPCOMING PERFORMANCES APRIL/MAY
– Wednesday, April 17th – solo w/ Heart of the Ghost @ Constellation (3111 N. Western Ave.), Chicago, IL
– Wednesday, April 24th – trio w/ Chloe Yu Nong Lin & Andrew Scott Young @ Cafe Mustache (2313 N. Milwaukee Ave.), Chicago, IL
– Saturday, May 4th – quartet w/ Ava Mendoza, Forbes Graham & Joshua Abrams w/ Claire Rousay solo & Forbes Graham / Tomeka Reid duo @ Horatio N May Chapel (Rosehill Cemetary, Ravenswood Ave.), Chicago, IL – 2PM
– Monday, May 20th – duo w/ Rob Frye @ Myopic Books (1564 N. Milwaukee Ave.), Chicago, IL
– Sunday, May 26th – duo w/ Chris Pitsiokos @ Hungry Brain (2319 W. Belmont Ave.), Chicago, IL
April 12, 2019 [permalink]